iOS 17 is the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system for the iPhone, and it comes with a variety of new features and improvements.
In this article, we'll show you how to use some of the best new features in iOS 17.
Standby mode is a new feature in iOS 17 that turns your iPhone into a smart display when it's charging. This means you can see your iPhone's lock screen, notifications, and widgets even when it's not in use.
To use Standby mode, simply plug your iPhone into a charger. You can then customize the information that's displayed on the screen by going to Settings > Display & Brightness > Standby.
Focus filters are a new way to manage your notifications in iOS 17. With Focus filters, you can choose to only receive notifications from certain apps and contacts when you're in a certain Focus mode.
To create a Focus filter, go to Settings > Focus > Create a New Focus. Then, tap on Add Filter and choose the app or contact that you want to receive notifications from.
Live Text is a feature in iOS 17 that allows you to interact with text in real-world images and videos. For example, you can use Live Text to copy and paste text from a sign, or to translate a foreign language sign.
To use Live Text, simply open the Camera app and point it at an image or video with text in it. Tap on the Live Text button in the lower-right corner of the screen, and then tap on the text that you want to interact with.
SharePlay is a feature in iOS 17 that allows you to share your screen, music, and videos with other people while you're on a FaceTime call.
To use SharePlay, start a FaceTime call and then tap on the SharePlay button. You can then choose the content that you want to share.
Other new features
iOS 17 also includes a number of other new features, such as:
- A new lock screen with more customization options.
- A new Messages app with support for iMessage reactions and threaded conversations.
- A new Weather app with more detailed weather information and alerts.
- A new Notes app with support for quick tags and shared notes.
To learn more about all of the new features in iOS 17, be sure to check out Apple's website.
How to get the most out of iOS 17
To get the most out of iOS 17, be sure to explore all of the new features and settings. You can also try out some of the following tips:
- Use Focus modes to manage your distractions and stay on task.
- Use Live Text to interact with text in real-world images and videos.
- Use SharePlay to share your screen, music, and videos with other people while you're on a FaceTime call.
- Customize your lock screen to include the information that's most important to you.
- Use the new Messages app features to have more engaging conversations with your friends and family.
iOS 17 is a great update for the iPhone, and it offers a number of new features and improvements that can make your life easier and more enjoyable. Be sure to explore all of the new features and settings to get the most out of your iPhone.