To create a live stream on Facebook:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create.
- Click Create Live Stream.
- Choose where you want to post your live broadcast.
- Select Use a persistent stream key if you want your stream key to be permanent. If this isn't selected, you won't be able to use this stream key again after the stream ends.
- Copy and paste the server URL and stream key or persistent stream key into the settings of your streaming software and start the video stream from your encoder. A preview screen will appear.
- Write a description and title for your live stream.
- Click Go Live Now. If you want to schedule your broadcast for later, click Schedule a Live Video.
During your live stream, people will be able to react and comment. You can write replies to comments or respond to them in your streaming broadcast.
If you're live streaming to your timeline, you'll be able to choose your audience. When you end your live stream, it will stay where you shared it as a video post.
Stream Key and Persistent Stream Key
Don't share your Stream Key or Persistent Stream Key. Anyone who has access to your stream key information can stream video to your post.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to use a stream key again after your live stream ends, unless you select Use a persistent stream key when creating your live stream.
A persistent stream key is permanent and can be used again after a live stream ends. You can only broadcast one live video at a time with your persistent stream key.
Embed Live Stream
You can embed your live stream on a website. Select a page for your live stream then click Stream below Settings to get an HTML code that you can copy and paste to your website.